Please be aware of fraud. Lease and payments must be made in contract with Spinnaker Property Management. If anyone is trying to convince you otherwise, it is a scam.
Lease applications can only be submitted through Spinnaker Property Management or with the help of a licensed leasing agent. We do not lease homes through Craigslist or other classified advertising services. Approved listings can be found on Spinnaker Property Management, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, Rentals.com, Apartment List, Apartments.com, and Zumper.
Signs of a Scam
- Deals “too good to be true”
- Eager requests for cash or wire payments may include an emotional plea
- Abnormally high security deposits
- No background checks required
- Bad grammar or lack of photographs in fraudulent ads
Three quick steps if you find yourself faced with a rental scam:
- Please report the scam to local law enforcement.
- Inform the website where you found the fraudulent ad.
- Call the Spinnaker Property Management Fraud Prevention line at at (253) 830-5160.